[DeTomaso] gas tank question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 13:16:15 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/4/07 10 12 22, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> I still think you should double check the plunger arrangement you mentioned.
>   If the valve works the same way as my "ball in the tube" thing, gravity
> would still affect it.

But as the plunger is oriented in the vertical plane, not horizontally like
the ball in your system, it doesn't matter how the horizontal vent is
oriented--down is still down. :>)   On your system, where the ball is in the horizontal
part of the vent, then yes, pointing it downwards would be very bad as it
would effectively seal gases from escaping from the tank.

Which makes the vent, not so much....