[DeTomaso] Books, manuals and pamphlets, oh my!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 12:49:25 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/4/07 9 37 6, tgr289 at verizon.net writes:

> Also, if originals still exist, who has them? If not, are all the
> reproductions about the same...or are some better than others?

Jim,

The POCA club store has everything you need; you can buy them individually,
but it's really a better idea to just get 'the works plus' which is the whole
package.   It includes the shop manual, all 14 technical service bulletins,
service technicians manual, DeTomaso parts book, Ford parts book, and wiring
diagrams (both the Ford diagrams, and Bill Taylor's excellent system-by-system
schematics).

A nice extra feature is getting everything packaged on CD-ROM; that lets you
travel light.   If you're on the road and something goes BANG, all you have to
do is fire up your computer (because you always travel with a laptop right?)
and everything is right there at your fingertips.

Actually, all of the aforementioned items might not be included in the paper
version; I don't remember if POCA is actually physically printing the De
Tomaso parts book, but it is on the CD ROM (and widely available from the vendors).

Point your browser at www.panteraclub.com and go to the club store section.
Or, e-mail Asa Jay at AsaJay at asajay.com and he'll hook you up. :>)

FWIW I vastly prefer having the paper copies, as it's much easier to use.
But if I'm going to be getting grubby in the garage, I will print the relevant
pages from the CD ROM so my original documents stay pristine. :>)