[DeTomaso] No Keys

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:04:10 EDT 2007

Phil -
If it makes you feel any better, I had the same problem with my old Pantera.

For a month, I drove around using a flat-blade screwdriver as my ignition
key :-)

Your mileage may vary, but on my ´72 I had two keys - one for the doors and
rear trunk, and the other for the ignition.

On my GT5-S I have 4 keys - one for the doors, one for the ignition, one for
the rear decklid and one for the gas cap.

In my case, I bought a new ignition switch deal.

The good news (I think it is good news??) is that the Pantera is dead-simple
to hot wire. I'd never hot wired a car in my life, and in 10 minutes I had
the Pantera running.

There is also a hidden warning there for other owners...