[DeTomaso] Pantera's on transporters

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 03:23:37 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/3/07 12 09 3, detomcat5009 at yahoo.com writes:

> My mailman related to me, when he lived in Livonia, Mi. ~ 1970 - 71. He
> observed Panteras being transported on car carriers. The location was around
> School craft Rd. & also Five Mile Rd., Livonia, Mi. He asked if they were in
> some final stage of assembly at that point. Do any of the members of the forum
> know what and where any procedures relating to Panteras wold be happening in
> this area in the early 70's.

DeTomaso of America's address was in Livonia (they were a short-lived company
set up by Ford, and quickly shut down as the whole program was absorbed into
the Lincoln-Mercury division).   I've actually been there and visited the
site; the building looks unchanged, although it was empty when I saw it a few
years ago.

It's possible that he was seeing preproduction prototypes that were there for
testing etc....