[DeTomaso] Help needed with lower a-arm shaft kit installation

Mark Tumbarello ollerabmut at msn.com
Sat Sep 1 09:51:41 EDT 2007

I also wanted to respond to this as I noted someone mentioned the prefered zerk fittings in the end of the shaft. I had these already when I sent my rear uprights to be rebuilt by Pantera Performance Center last year for new axels and bearings and Dennis capped the shaft zerks and added zerks to the lower upright to lube the bushings. He told me he now prefers this method. He didn't like the fact that most of the greese was captured in the shaft and never made it to the bushings. YMMV, Mark  > From: panteraplace at hotmail.com> To: MikeLDrew at aol.com; detomaso at realbig.com> Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 07:47:36 -0400> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Help needed with lower a-arm shaft kit installation> > I expected that too. I just wanted to let Charles know that a least Pantera> Performance has the correct parts. Of interest is that the bushing are> coated with a Teflon like coating so you would not want to ream them out or> sand them for the shaft to fit. > > > > Mike > > > > From: MikeLDrew at aol.com [mailto:MikeLDrew at aol.com] > Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 1:56 AM> To: panteraplace at hotmail.com; detomaso at realbig.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Help needed with lower a-arm shaft kit installation> > > > > In a message dated 8/31/07 14 19 25, panteraplace at hotmail.com writes:> > > > > > My parts came from Pantera Performance Center and they fit perfectly.> Here's and page that shows the steps of rebuilding the assembly> http://www.panteraplace.com/page87.htm> > > > That appears to be identical to the kit Marino at Pantera East sells. I> have the PPC version too. The Pantera parts business is an incestuous one,> and often there are two good solutions marketed by six different shops....> > Mike> > > **************************************> Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at> http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour> > _______________________________________________> > Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA> > Archive Search Engine Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/> > DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at list.realbig.com> http://list.realbig.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso