[DeTomaso] Jay Lenos E85 powered Vette

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 30 23:44:34 EDT 2007

It looks like there is two E85 stations with in 100 mile radius of where I live? What do I do if I want to go for a longer drive in the opposite direction. Retune to car before I fill up with real gas?

Dave Doddek <pantera at pobox.com> wrote:   Yes, you could run E85 in the pantera. You will have to make sure that the
fuel system is compatible with alcohol. There is a guy with a Grand
National here that runs E85 on a daily basis. He says it runs great and he
gets tons more HP. He did have to recalibrate the Computer.

And Jack, Sorry to say, that 10% ethanol does not change the operation of
the engine at all. We have had 10% ethanol in gas here in Illinois for
over 20 years. We also have gas without Ethanol. Running it in anything
from lawn mowers to cars makes no difference at all. We have been doing it
for 25 years.

Dave "Race gas at the pump, oh yea" D

At 04:18 PM 10/30/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>hi dave...are you saying you can use e85 for the pantera??...or just that
>you have one close by that you use with some other vehicle? - thanks!!
stephen