[DeTomaso] Jay Lenos E85 powered Vette

NSakulen at aol.com NSakulen at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 23:16:45 EDT 2007

Dave,

   Are you saying we could run E85 without any modifications to  our stock
carb'd Panteras?

Nick

Yes, you  could run E85 in the pantera.  You will have to make sure that  the
fuel system is compatible with alcohol.  There is a guy with a  Grand
National here that runs E85 on a daily basis.  He says it runs  great and he
gets tons more HP.  He did have to recalibrate the  Computer.

And Jack, Sorry to say, that 10% ethanol does not change the  operation of
the engine at all.  We have had 10% ethanol in gas here  in Illinois for
over 20 years.  We also have gas without  Ethanol.  Running it in anything
from lawn mowers to cars makes no  difference at all.  We have been doing it
for 25 years.

Dave  "Race gas at the pump, oh yea" D

At 04:18 PM 10/30/2007 -0700, you  wrote:
>hi dave...are you saying you can use e85 for the pantera??...or  just that
>you have one close by that you use with some other vehicle? -  thanks!!
stephen

Detomaso  Forum Managed by POCA

Archive Search Engine Now Available at  http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/

DeTomaso mailing  list