[DeTomaso] Hangin with Ron Iskendarian at Russ Fulps Race Engines

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 20:29:20 EDT 2007

     D*ck Drenske and I pulled my engine last week so we could change out the cam for the IR-EFI and do a leak down test.

  This morning Di*k and I drove down to Russ Fulps (Russ Fulps Race Engines) shop in Anaheim  to meet Ron Iskendarian of Isky Cams who personally delivered my new IR-EFI cam to Russ shop this morning. What could be cooler then that?

  Ron and the ISKY Cam Family are legend in race circles all over the world.  Ron pretty much substantiated previous comments that Russ Fulps, John Bentley and Dan Jones and others have made in the past regarding Cleveland strokers, compression, cam and block prep.  Ron said quality parts, block and head prep and attention to detail on assembly was critical but he also said to stay the hell away from hardblock for road racing.

  Ron also said he couldn't think of any reason not to run 10.5:1 with iron heads or 11.5:1 with alum heads assuming you go with a cam with plenty of duration unless you just want to give up HP & TQ... I interpet that to mean I can run 15:1 compression on 91 octane.

  Don't ask me what my cam specs are.  ;-]>

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com