[DeTomaso] That rough idle, ticking, elevated rpm after extended high rpm (that sounds like this: tcck, tcck...) thing?

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 27 14:02:36 EDT 2007

John,

You didn't miss anything, this was the first post on this.
Basically, for a couple of minutes after a good, high rpm spurt, The Winged
Warrior has been idling faster than normal with an uncomfortable rhythm and
an audible ticking sound.
My first assumption is a lifter sticking but I slightly recall having a
similar issue a decade ago or so and it turned out not to be a lifter, but I
can't recall what it was.
Suggestions appreciated,

Dan