[DeTomaso] Chevy 350 trans adapter - bellhousing

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Oct 25 02:00:54 EDT 2007

Bjoern Flesland skrev:
> I have a good friend who recently purchased the green 73 Pantera from
> PI Motorsport.
> He wants to put in a LS1 Chevy 350 motor.
> So where can he get the trans adapter/bellhousing?

My cousin has always used chevy engines in his Pantera. I believe he got
the bellhousing from Hall, but that was probably ten years ago.

His first engine was a hotted up 350, which revved nice, but didn't have
the desired oomp.

The next was a small block 400, which had gobs of low end torque, but
didn't want to rev.

Next came a 454 big block, which apparently worked fine, although he
wore it out.

His new engine, which is being installed now, is an all aluminum 350,
built around a Dart block, and he called me up about two weeks ago and
said he had just dynoed it to 578 (or was it 538?) bhp. Unfortunately he
didn't remember at what rpm they got that.

> How much are they?
> Cheers,
> Bjoern

Thomas