[DeTomaso] Windshield trim

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 16:00:09 EDT 2007

There are little tabs along the length of the stainless trim that are bent
into shallow 'S'-shapes that insert in matching s-shaped slices in the
windshield gasket. Being smooth, the tabs soon 'bond' to the rubber, holding it in
place and   making removal difficult. In my case, only a slight twist during
removal in the length of one trim piece slowly torqued its s-tabs out of the rubber
before a bond happened. Since I was going to black-out the trim anyway, I
simply left it off as a more sensible alternative to installing the trim, then
making it all but invisible (at extra expense) by blackening it. Something to
consider- J Deryke