[DeTomaso] Hose replacement

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 13:22:31 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/24/07 9:42:03 AM, msm at portata.com writes:

> I have replaced the old fuel hoses on the suction and pressure side of the
> fuel pump for obvious reasons.
>
> What about the hose that runs from the tank to the charcoal canister?  It is
> not under pressure and shouldn't have liquid fuel, so is there any real
> problem with it getting old and cracked?

Honestly, it's not THAT big a deal.   It only has fumes going through it.
The ambition is to direct the fumes into the canister; cracks in the hose will
let them leak out elsewhere.   Having said that, many/most of us have done
away with the canister entirely, and the tank is just venting to the ground.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to replace the old/cracked hose with *something*
new.