[DeTomaso] gas fumes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Oct 22 21:04:36 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/22/07 3:41:00 PM, edlebby at yahoo.com writes:

> I had thought that they only sold gts's in europe (probably wrong) -
>
>>>No, you're right--they only sold Euro GTS Panteras in Europe.   Your car
was first owned and driven in Europe, then imported to the USA privately later
on.

The US also got 150 US-market-only "GTS" Panteras, which were painted
somewhat like the Euro cars (different decals), but mechanically they were identical
to L-models.

> regardless, mine is a 72 "euro gts" pre-L...thanks for pointing this out!
>

>>>Well, no.   Yours is a '72 Euro GTS.   Period, dot.   Arguably a 'better'
car than a standard Pantera Pre-L--at least when they were new and bone-stock.