[DeTomaso] Dipstick length

Dan Mixon tipo874 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 21 22:13:51 EDT 2007

Jim,

The dip stick tube length and "full" marking on the dip stick is calibrated
to the proper distance from the bottom of the crankshaft to the top of the
oil level. This is the "full" level regardless of which pan is installed. A
larger capacity pan does not change the "full" level. If you fill any pan
too full (i.e. 8 quarts in a 5 quart pan), the crankshaft will be rotating
in the oil causing all sorts of problems.

Not all 10 quart pans can be filled to 10 quarts without exceeding the full
level.

Dan