[DeTomaso] VIN 7001 - wrecked/repaired Pantera again on eBay

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 15:13:43 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/19/07 9:49:38 PM, jwcinvestment at yahoo.com writes:

> The seller knows the history of 7001. He has been e-mailed pictures of the
> car showing the t-bone damage. He is known to a couple of us as being less
> than forthright.  Buyer beware!!!

He's not the first one either. FWIW, way back in the early '80s when I
sort-of started all this public serial number checking in Nor-Cal, a car showed up
at a club meeting that I KNEW had been totalled. But a new owner was driving it
unaware of its past, until I told him it had hit a mountainside, then a
guardrail at high speed when the unskillful owner accidently touched the nitrous
button in a turn. He went to his favorite shop and a bondo-meter showed the
whole right side and nose was a plastic sculpture. It was eventually fixed right-
for BIG BUCKS. I think the "sculptor" re-titled it in Arkansas, then retitled
it again in CA to get rid of the DMV salvage stamp on the original title. The
unsuspecting owner sold it for a slight loss as soon as it was repaired. This
was part of the rationale for a comprehensive Pantera Registry for POCA- the
first edition of which came out in '94. History- J Deryke