[DeTomaso] Different Headers

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 15:04:33 EDT 2007

FWIW, I have high-port heads on a stock block, and that moves std headers out
towards the tires and into the shocks. Far enough so the collectors needed to
be pie-sliced and re-angled to miss the springs.   Then of course, the
exhaust pipes also needed to be re-angled. Once I added small springs on my later
model shocks, the spring-to-header clearance increased. My altered Hedman
headers are still close to the shocks but far enough from the tires. Neither should
be heated up by exhaust- especially high-pressure (350 psi!) gas-charged
shocks. Just a thought- J DeRyke