[DeTomaso] NEED SOURCE FOR 180 DEGREE HEADERS FABRICATION

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 14:07:15 EDT 2007

I think "need" is a relative thing.  I have seen systems hanging turbos off the exhaust pipes of a Camero behind the rear axle, but I supose the cat might affect that.  There are also a lot of single turbo instalations with pipes crossing over to the opposite side of the engine.  Blaine has his turbos almost as far from the heads as if they were on the ends of 180s

  http://carmenas.com/Pics/Pantera%20engine.jpg

  Ken

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

  In a message dated 10/18/07 10:26:18, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:    <<       I thought Dennis plans to go to turbos at some point.  Do you think it makes sense to hang turbos off the collectors of 180 deg headers? >>    >>>No.  Turbos need to be as close to the exhaust ports as possible.      Mike