[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 39, Issue 18-TRAILER QUEEN SPECIAL

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 14:06:05 EDT 2007

Bob,
  Your killing me here slacker ;-]> Your new scripted TQS decals are in...yours will be a SPECIAL  'custom application' bro'.

  Dawg

RCBSONS1 at aol.com wrote:
      As some of you know my car has been a little rough
  since I bought it a few years back...I have raced the
  car knowing this with no problem. The hood and fenders
  have burned paint, rock chips from my fellow racers
  along with my favorite 70's style rubber bumpers running
  down the sides of the car. It also had the famous
  sandblast from our Vegas runs over the Sierras (thanks Rodger).

  After the pump failure and possible engine damage in
  Vegas this year I decided to do a Budget paint job
  and clean up a few things on the car.... I took the
  car to Extreme Pantera-Tommy Hodges to do the work
  He replaced the windshield, polished the trims, rechromed
  bumpers, powder coated the gills, grills and wiper vents.
  Slightly flaired the front fenders to help with the future
  tire rubbing (burning paint), reworked the rear trans mounts
  as they were falling out of the car with the increased HP,
  welded the rear chassis brace, new group four rear lights (thanks Finchey)
  installed the Vader Polished lights, new weather stripping, wiskers
  and gears for the Windows.   A bunch of other minor things
  to clean the car up including new head gaskets and springs in the Motor.

  I picked the car up yesterday and am not sure what to do with
  it now... The Budget paint job is increadible... all the details
  of the car have made it a true TRAILER QUEEN SPECIAL
  I am not sure I have the guts to RACE IT again.  I have never
  been afraid of running anything but this one now has me really
  thinking... Tommy told me he would throw rocks at it so I could
  run it in Vegas next year.... He even made up a set of straight pipes
  for the 180"s as if the 104, 105 db throw me off the track at
  Sears Point exhaust wasn't loud enough.

  Dawg, fellow racers I might join the ranks of Trailer Queens
  I am working on getting the Mustang GT350R back together
  for racing.

  Tommy did a bang up job and made this a truely remarkable
  Car.... I told him he wrecked my old RACECAR by making
  it too nice... He was a great guy to work with and truly
  knows the tricks of the Pantera-- He has the Bob Benson
  Seal of Approval (Just don't bring him your old race car
  if you plan on racing it again)

  Slacker Bob Benson

  Dawg I might not need that new Team Pantera window sticker now
  Do you have any Trailer Queen stickers???

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com