[DeTomaso] Radio Antenna Replacement Options

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 18 00:35:36 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/17/07 20:32:17, cdifani at pacbell.net writes:

<< So my question for all of you out there: Anyone know of, or have a, good
AM/FM radio antenna that is not the standard retractable antenna? Something
that's robust, reasonably impervious to wear and tear, and when installed, isn't
too ugly? >>

You may recall that I have an ultra-sexy powered radio antenna that I got
from Dennis Quella about 10-15 years ago.  It is about the size of a cigarette
lighter, and has a 12v input, which I guess boosts the signal or something?  It
is stuck to the inside of my windshield high up in the corner on the passenger
side, rendering it virtually invisible.

I don't know if it works as well as a conventional antenna, but it seems to
work just fine for me?

What most people do is create a small hole in the mesh engine screen on the
driver's side, and attach the retractable antenna to the gas tank shield.  The
antenna elevates through the engine screen, up past the decklid, and when
lowered it's invisible.  Slick.

http://www.aol.com</HTML>