[DeTomaso] Pantera Pics

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 23:59:17 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/15/07 5:49:13 PM, dakelm at qwest.net writes:

> BTW, is there ANY part of that car that bears any more than a passing
> resemblance to an original Pantera part?

The floor pan, the hoop supporting the dash and part of the front firewall
are "genuine", but after two total remodels, the base machine has had what one
might call an 'aging-Hollywood-star' makeover. I didn't closely inspect it but
the photo in the DeTomaso Racing book shows an LG-600 Hewland transaxle, so if
that thing is still there, Can-Am guys pay more for those than we do for ZFs,
even though it has no synchros at all. And when you really don't want to sell
something but must put a price up for various reasons, put a high price up.
FWIW- J DeRyke