[DeTomaso] Broken Deck lid latch replacement

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 12:50:58 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/15/07 9:07:43 AM, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> I want to replace it with the newer piece, mine was the flat metal plate
> with the angled 1/8"
> round metal rod bent into a u shape, not the straight bar welded to two
> washers.
> Any feedback on where and/or who sells these.

All the vendors sell the fourth-style stamped steel replacement catch.   It's
a direct bolt-on replacement for the third-style catch, and can be fairly
easily retrofitted to earlier cars with the second-style catch.   I think Hall
Pantera had a sale on them awhile back for peanuts ($15?) but I'd expect a
non-sale price of $20-25.

Early pushbuttons with the decklid release in the doorjamb are an entirely
different matter.....