[DeTomaso] Mangusta Ignition Switch? / DICK RUZZIN

Dickruzzindesign at aol.com Dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 18:42:04 EDT 2007

Steve,
You may remember that I suggested the aftermarket switch to you, about $8.00,
over a year ago. I ran one for a while. The same switch is available under
many brand names at very many different prices.
I took my original apart and looked at it. It is a very simple curved plate
with some contacts.
I am sure it can be rebuilt, check Hemmings. Mine looked like new inside. I
had a hot idle problem and suspected the switch for a while. I soldered up the
clips myself.

The aftermarket switch does not key into the instrument panel so it has a
rotation problem, that is why I went back to my original. I think you could
solder something onto the case to prevent that.

All the best,
Dick Ruzzin.
DickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com
920 Whittier Rd. Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
Phone: +313-824-0539 / Cell: +313-300-9558