[DeTomaso] Tires for Sandhills ORR

Tom Di Iulio diiulio at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 11 14:50:16 EDT 2007

The visual condition of the tires is what will be inspected in Nebraska,
not the tire date code. This is NOT true in other ORR's but in Nebraska,
they do not check date codes. I run the same tires and have never had a
problem. As long as they have good tread and no sidewall cracks or dry
rot, they'll pass tech. you may want to consider new valve stems as they
typically show wear quicker than the tires. Push 'em back and forth to
see if cracks are visible, you may be surprised.
Now....with that said, only YOU can decide if they are safe to run. If
you've been driving the car and the tires are in good repair, you should
be able to do fine.
Mine are about the same age as yours and I'll be running on 'em. I use
Hoosier race slicks for the road course stuff like Pahrump.
Hope this helps....