[DeTomaso] Exhaust

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Mon Oct 8 20:59:41 EDT 2007

Gary

I'd wager that you will have interference.  I recommend that you remove the
shock and put the suspension and tire through its range of motion.  I did a
lot of testing in this manner to gauge backspacing when I first went to 18"
rims.  With enough compression the tire's sidewall will scrub the frame
rails right above your picture labeled .../exmock1.jpg.  I was surprise how
much negative camber increases in compression.

Should you mount the exhaust this way, you may elect to use nitrogen in the
tires.  Looks like they will be near quite a heat source.  Although, that
may warm the tires quicker on cold track days.  I hypothesize the set up
will also aggravate understeer initially; that is until the rears overheat
and you can play with oversteer.  :^)

JT