[DeTomaso] POCA Board Elections

Fastgrandma at aol.com Fastgrandma at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 03:00:22 EDT 2007

Okay, just throwing in my two cents worth here and a bit of clarification.

Re Mark's statement about space considerations for a candidate's statement.
It is not that, but the 'bylaws' state a limit of two paragraphs which does
help to keep it from being a life story and taking up a large portion of the
Newsletter or even being a separate mailing.   This also covers a new candidate
expounding way too much against an incumbent that members most likely have
forgotten what they told about themselves when first running and what they've
been doing while in office.

Any club the size of POCA does need bylaws even though not all of them have
been followed the last few years.   I won't expound on some that have been
blatantly abused but if you're curious, give them a read.

Judy VP