[DeTomaso] Mech vs electric oil pressure gauges

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 18:04:20 EDT 2007

Has anyone looked at the advantage/disadvantages of mechanical versus electric oil pressure gauges?  The gauge I want is like $180 electric and $40 mechanical.  Not an insignificant difference.  I'd guess the response time is quicker for the electric, but in seconds or in milli seconds?  I'd guess the mechanical is more reliable.

  I know we don't want mechanical fuel pressure gauges in the cabin, but is the oil line an issue also?

  Ken