[DeTomaso] VOTE FOR MARK - Re: POCA Board Elections

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 3 21:38:33 EDT 2007

Well said Mark (aka; Bobo) ....I support and endorse your election campaign.  We handed out your business cards up at the Green Lantern in Ely last month! ;-]>

  Seriously, you have always been a pro-active a club and chapter and TPR supporter and I appreciate your enthusiasm and can-do attitude.

  Good Luck!

  Okay, get to work on your Pantera slacker.

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing
  "If it was easy you'd do it" ;-]>

Mark McWhinney <msm at portata.com> wrote:
  If you will pardon some politicking for a minute ...

John Taphorn will be stepping down from the POCA President position at the
end of this term. At John's urging and with his endorsement, I am running
for POCA president.

By now you should have received your October Newsletter with the yellow
ballot inside it. I would appreciate it if you could mark your ballot and
pop it in the mail. I would appreciate it even more if you and your
associate would vote for me. :>)

There is an candidate statement in the October Newsletter. Due to space
considerations, there is a two paragraph limit in the Newsletter. Below, is
my full candidate statement.

I have been a Pantera owner for six years and a member of POCA and PI.  I
have been on the PCNC board for those six years and have been a member of
the San Diego chapter.  I have traveled around the country visiting Pantera
owners and attending events.  I am a frequent contributor on the De Tomaso
forum.

As POCA President I will push for these five goals which are essential for
POCA to continue to provide for the Pantera community.

* Increase Involvement of Younger Owners – The average age of Pantera owners
is pushing 50.  All to soon we will be eating pudding and telling anyone who
will listen how fast we were back in the day.  We need to encourage younger
folks to participate in and lead local events and grow into leadership
positions within their chapters.

* US East Coast and International Focus - With the center of the automotive
universe seemingly in Southern California, it is easy for us on the West
coast to forget that there are a lot of fine people and De Tomaso cars on
the East Coast and internationally.  Some of the most interesting cars are
not even in the US. We need to broaden our focus to be more inclusive of the
non-western chapters, people, and cars.

* On-Line Services – We need to make better use of technology to provide
timely information to POCA members and to reduce operating costs.  We can
start with simple functions such as on-line membership signup and renewal,
on-line payments, and change of address as I have implemented at the PCNC
(www.PanteraClubNorCal.com/members).  Also, I want to set up e-mail
notifications as I have with the PCNC eNews to communicate about issues that
arise between POCA Newsletter publications.

* Financial Diversity -- Money from the POCA annual dues covers most but not
all of the club costs.  Without the generous contributions from the Las
Vegas rally, we would run in the red.  With the club finances in good shape
and membership rolls at high levels, now is the time to look into additional
sources of revenue to blunt fluctuation in the rally revenue and rising
printing costs.

* Support for Las Vegas Fun Rally – The Las Vegas rally is a great place to
meet old friends, make new ones, and recharge our mind and spirits.  It
gives us motivation to get our cars roadworthy, lets use see how others have
solved common problems, and lets us drive our cars on a track.  It is
important that we increase participation.

I look forward to the opportunity to implement these goals and to
particulate further in the Pantera community.