[DeTomaso] Minimum Battery Size?

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 3 16:18:38 EDT 2007

Now I have NO room to talk, but If your just looking to save about 10 pounds weight why not just take your shoes off and lose some weight! Baw ah ah ah  If its about a hard to start car that's different.
  Sorry I could help myself!

Mark McWhinney <msm at portata.com> wrote:
  How much is enough? In the ideal situation you twist the key, the engine
kicks over, and the alternator starts doing its thing. No problem. In the
real world where the car as been sitting a little while and the garage gets
cold at night, the battery has drained down a bit, the mechanical pump has
to turn a while to refill the carb, and the engine takes a while to creak to
life.

I run gel batteries in all my vehicles. They cost more upfront, but they
last longer, can be mounted in any position, don't outgas hydrogen, and
don't spill acid in a wreck.

In my Pantera I have a blue top (marine) Optima 1000 CCA. I don't know what
it weighs.