[DeTomaso] CR, Detonation, and water injection

John Bentley (jab) jab at cisco.com
Wed Oct 3 14:54:16 EDT 2007

Ken,

I think the bottom-line is race gas is cheaper and requires no
maintenance!  If you are running 11:1 or less CR,  race gas, normally
aspirated, aluminum heads and 38 degrees or less of timing advance, I
don't think you need to worry about detonation.  If you are running a
turbo or supercharger, you'll see reduced cylinder head temps with water
injection, but an intercooler is a better choice (IMHO).

JB