[DeTomaso] the first day (NUTS!)Wheel bearings

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 01:17:00 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/2/07 20 42 44, pantera at pobox.com writes:

> What seems to have gone wrong with mikes car is a lack of lube.  I dont see
> ANY!

Yeah, me neither.   Trust me, it was there at one point, not too long ago.
What you couldn't see in the close-up photos was that there was grease residue
all over the surface of the hub.   The grease seemed to transform to oil as
the heat built up, and then all leaked out, apparently?

I got both spindles off today (passenger side seems fine), and will shortly
dismantle them both.   I aim to see if the passenger side is adequately
lubricated or not.

Lessons have been learned, no doubt!