[DeTomaso] QUESTION DOG BONE AIR CLEANER

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Oct 2 16:42:24 EDT 2007

I run a neck spacer between the dogbone filter and the carb.  As some
suggested, I too feel that the restriction is here.  I'm not sure if the
double filter adds flow but if you decide to double up the filter you not
only have to get a longer bolt but also make some kind of spacer bracket to
keep the filters from crushing when you tighten the hold down bolts.  A
local Corbra owner told me that he lost two of his filters and end cap when
it worked loose.  It seems that the filters crush allowing the hold down nut
to back off.  I'd also use loc tite.  You cannot buy replacement end caps,
only the whole setup.

Aloha From Hawaii,

Dennis