[DeTomaso] MANGUSTA 8MA-1118

robert boise at qwest.net
Tue Oct 2 00:14:21 EDT 2007

Hello.

Please allow me to re-introduce myself. I have not been on this list in
long time and have not attended the Vegas Convention (officially) since
the
move from the Plaza. As a matter of fact I am not a member of POCA or PI

anymore but I have been a multiple De Tomaso owner since 1989.

I would like to bring to your attention that the Mangusta International
Registry has obtained photos of my 1971 Mangusta from my website and has

used them erroneously to illustrate a Vehicle Identification Number and
description that does not belong to the 1971 Mangusta in the photos.

Please check out the following websites.

The first is Mangusta International Registry which uses the photos of my

1971 Mangusta (900 series) to describe a 1970 Mangusta with the Vehicle
Identification Number 8MA-1118:

http://www.mangustainternational.com/registry_detail.php?id=55&PHPSESSID=380f77ad44377ebaddd0192e54dab67e

The second is a link to my web site (please note no changes made since
2004):

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/581900

These identical photos are of my 1971 Mangusta (A 900 SERIES car NOT
1118)
taken by me in Black Canyon City, Arizona around 2002.

Now here is the problem. 8MA-1118 was sold at the the Barrett Jackson
Auction in 1998 and shipped to Hawaii never to be heard from again. I
was at
the Barrett Jackson auction that year. I saw the car and talked to the
new
owner who was buying it to complement his other Italian exotic
automobiles
that he owned. He told me that the car was being shipped to Hawaii and I

remember being somewhat disappointed knowing it would not be at the
Plaza
anymore. But I never thought it was going to disappear and never be
heard
from again.

Let's review the facts:

1.The photographs that the Mangusta International Registry published as
being 8MA-1118 are in fact MY CAR in Arizona which is a 900 series car
(check with any AZ POCA member).

2. The real 8MA-1118 was owned by a guy named Jim Vawter of California
and
was on the 3rd floor ballroom for many conventions in the early 90's
(check
with any old timers).

3. The car was sold at the Scottsdale Barrett Jackson auction in 1998
and
sent to Hawaii by the resort owner that bought it to complement his
Italian
car collection. (Barrett Jackson has the sale records)

I have emailed Dana Hansen to have him make corrections to his site.
After
three attempts with no response so I have decided to bring the matter to
the
attention of De Tomaso COMMUNITY and Friends.

8MA-1118 was last seen in Hawaii and is not going to be wrongly
associated
with photos of my 1971 Mangusta..... 8MA-1118 has gone missing in
Hawaii.