[DeTomaso] Low end torque OR upper RPM power

Donny Williams Donnylee at ccwebster.net
Mon Oct 1 15:35:19 EDT 2007

The Cleveland does not make a ton of bottom to begin with in the stock
configuration it really is best suited as a high revving engine IMHO with
the huge breathing heads.  I built mine with excellent mid-top pull
3400-6800 right were I like to spend my time, and the sound spinning it out,
nothing quite like it!   Its very driveable and not to terrible lazy below
that, as built about like stock on the bottom end.  Yes if I drop my clutch
its a smoke show on the 13 inch wide radials (Do not recommend either) For
me nothing worse then an engine power curve dumping quickly downward at
4,800 RPM!

But you were right, you will get varying opinions and likes....The 351 is no
torque monster to begin with its a small block bore with gaping heads able
to pump some serious CFM (Mine 320 at 600).....When you try to build one for
bottom end..you will end up with a poor upper end pooch!  Its a road car,
not for stoplight terror.....Theres better cars for that.  On a 30 MPH roll
an engine like mine is serious business from there on out.

With Goran....All bets are off.......He's BB Hemi'fied himself.....Different
ANIMAL!

My experience opinions with it.....