[DeTomaso] Low end torque OR upper RPM power

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Mon Oct 1 14:37:09 EDT 2007

Fredrik,
     My preference for the street would be an engine with good low/mid range
torque.  I test drove a Pantera one time with a claimed HP peak of 600.  It
was fun once you got to 5500 rpm,  below that,  it was a real dog.  I got
back into my car that had about 315 HP and maybe 350-360 lbs of torque,  and
it was way more fun to drive.

Art