[DeTomaso] the first day (NUTS!)

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 13:07:38 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/1/07 8:52:45 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I've seen split spindle nuts with a screw across the split so they can be
> tightened to retain the spindle nut's position.  Does anyone know if that is a
> generally accepted solution?
>
> Sure is; Porsche uses it in millions of their street cars. Problem is,
Porsche uses a smaller spindle thread so their off-the-shelf nuts won't fit the
heftier Pantera spindle. Jerry Pentalieri in S Carolina made a bunch of
heat-treated split nuts for his Pantera and a few of his friends, but when he sold his
machine shop, any more extras went away. FWIW, Pantera spindles are threaded
18x 1.5 metric. Cheers-J DeRyke