[DeTomaso] Slave Cylinder Replaced, intermittent failure thereafter

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Nov 30 22:03:38 EST 2007

Clay,

Been there, done that.? I had to replace my hydraulic throw out bearing,
as it was leaking and I was tired of constantly refilling and seeing the
bellhousing dripping fluid.

Bled it all out, but then had no pressure plate action.

What happened is that with a nice tight set of seals in the bearing,
the MC seals showed THEIR weakness.? I was doing an internal bypass within the MC.

Rebuilt MC, all was good.

This fix the slave, then fix the MC, is a fairly common occurrence.

Larry