[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 40, Issue 29- Vegas Ticket

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:22:08 EST 2007

I live a few miles from I-95 close to the Georgia/South Carolina state line
and use it often to skirt from one side of Savannah to the other, it is the
longest North/South Highway in the US, used by a massive count of big rigs,
trust me when I say that if you get on I-95 and don't do 80-90 you will find
a long line of cars and chrome semi grills on your tail pipe.  Thankfully
they are working to 3 lane both sides all the way through Georgia, SC
remains two lanes throughout.
Nothing to see but pine trees and I have yet to make a trip to NC and not
see a major accident, usually from sleepy truckers or vacation types going
to/from Florida.
The posted speed is 70, most figure that nobody gets stopped for anything 79
or less, and if you want to hook up with a small train and go 100 for an
hour or two, it's very common.
Worst part is the trucks, many have no regard for 4 wheelers and even more 4
wheelers are inconsiderate to them, making moves that 60' long, 80,000 lbs.
vehicles can't react to fast enough to avoid some major puckering.

Using more and more back roads, especially in the Pantera, more curves to
play on and you get to see something other than McDonald's #4598753 and a
line of Flying J truck stops ans Pilot centers.

Michael in Savannah