[DeTomaso] Ford V10

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:30:51 EST 2007

> Hmmmm, I just read they are close to the same length as a 4.6.
> 457 ft lbs, 350 hp (from the factory and before the supercharger).
> More horsepower than my yellow wreck! and a little more torque . . . .

It's a 5.4L V8 with 2 extra cylinders so it is substantially longer as well
as taller than a 4.6L.  The October 1999 issue of Mustang and Fords magazine
listed a 4.6L SOHC at 600 lbs.  The 5.4L is taller and heavier and the 6.8L
heavier still.  Also may be an evolutionary dead end as Ford is working on
a replacement V8.

Dan Jones