[DeTomaso] Ford V10

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:08:44 EST 2007

I had both a 2000 and 2003 Excursion with the V10, great for towing a
10,000 lb trailer and it would criuse at 90 on the highway all day
long, but I never thought of it as anything special to be modified,
aside from a lack of performance parts ( K& N, Chip, Exhaust ) there
ain't much out there and it's not an attractive powerplant to be seen
in a Pantera engine bay in my opinion. Plus my Pantera with a highly
modified engine gets better gas mileage everywhere than the Excusion
did on the highway.
I averaged 9-10 when towing, 12-14 in town and 15-16 on the highway
w/o a trailer.
But in the truck, it was great.

Michael in Savannah