[DeTomaso] Idiot drives Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 219 MPH onpublic road - Autoblog

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 22:14:26 EST 2007

Mark wrote -
<<<? What ever happened with that ticket you got for going
triple digits on the highway right next to the Pahrump track?>>>

Ah, the 106 mph episode.

Next day at the track long time Vegas participant, Jeff Wenger -
remember his white 308 burning down the straight at LVMS?? -
comes up to me and suggests I contact the lawyer he has used
several times in the past - Ticket Terminators.

Long story short.  I paid him $200.  He handled the court system.
Clark County sent me a letter asking for $190 to pay my ticket
for ........... illegal parking.

Sent them my $$$.  Issue over.  No moving violation.  No points.
No traffic school.  A parking ticket. Period.

Seems there is some Federal requirement to survey roads using
Federal funds to legally establish a speed limit, and Nevada does
not do the required steps.  So lawyer challenges legality of the
speed violation, court steps down from that charge as long as
reduced charge still carries a rather hefty fine.  It is all about the
MONEY.

Worked for me.  :-)  And also worked for Gary Kono, 104 mph.

Larry