[DeTomaso] Idiot drives Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 219 MPH onpublic road - Autoblog

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Wed Nov 28 17:45:44 EST 2007

I belong to a local Mustang Club.  Years ago, the Washington State
Patrol used Ford Mustangs for pursuit and intercept.  These were early
90's as I recall.

A friend, with a classic 1968 coupe, was challenged by a Camaro out on
a deserted part of I-90 near the WA/ID border.  As they both were
nearing 100, with the Mustang leading and pulling away (of course),
the Camaro decided to pull off the next exit with it's tail between
it's legs.

Just then, a State Patrol Mustang pulls up along side my friend
(having not been noticed in the rear view mirror), pauses, looks him
in they eye, smiles, and gives him a big Thumbs Up, and then pulls
away.  No ticket.

Don't think I'd try that myself though.

Asa Jay
<I get my trophies at the race track>