[DeTomaso] exhaust ports on aftermarket heads

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 00:36:30 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/27/07 19 20 29, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> What aftermarket heads can I use and still bolt the headers to them?

What, specifically, are you trying to achieve by changing heads?   Your car
has (I assume) closed-chamber 4v heads, which are pretty good.   Raising the
exhaust port with stuffers (I've been told) can improve things somewhat.

Aluminum heads are fine, but I agree with you--I wouldn't change heads if it
meant wrecking that beautiful De Tomaso 180 degree exhaust system.