[DeTomaso] Testing lab report

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 18:54:22 EST 2007

Hi guys,

My curiosity was piqued by the rediscovery of the Pantera's lab testing
results, which as I mentioned yesterday were conducted by an outfit in Fullerton.
I did a Google search and discovered that the business is still there,
although under a different name, and still has the same phone number.

Just for the hell of it, I gave them a call and asked if I could perhaps get
a fresh copy of the original report (mine is a zillionth-generation xerox).
Well, they only keep that sort of data for about eight years, so the original
was destroyed long ago.  But the lady that I spoke with, was actually working
there back in 1970 when they did the tests!   I rekindled some happy memories
for her; she said that everybody there loved having the Panteras around, and
had a great time performing all the testing.   Although she didn't state so
explicitly, I sort of gathered the impression that some 'informal' testing took
place by some of the other employees of the firm...:>)

My next stop is the Department of Transportation--stay tuned :>)