[DeTomaso] Another one hops the pond

Douglas Kelm dakelm at qwest.net
Tue Nov 27 17:36:24 EST 2007

 As we speak, #2886 (former NorCal and recently MN Yellow Pre-L) is on a
boat headed for Sweden. Although I have mixed feeling about letting it go, I
take some comfort that it will be in good hands with it's enthusiastic new
owner, Hakan Lindberg, who lives in Vasteras. I believe that the combination
of  the subprime induced economic downturn and the weak dollar vs. most
other currencies means that a lot of our collector cars, and specifcally
Panteras, are/will be headed overseas in the near future. In three months of
admittedly rather haphazard advertising, I only had four serious inquiries
about my car and two were from Scandinavia.

In a feeble attempt to assuage the pain of my loss, I crossed over to the
dark side, joining Laurie (and undoubtedly a few others here) in ownership
of a . . .  oh the shame of it all. . . dare I even utter the word. . . C5
Corvette. There! I've said it. Go on, mock  me, ridicule me, insult my
manhood. I'm fully prepared for the verbal abuse that will no doubt come
from friends and foe alike.

For those of you who have attained the exhaulted status of having me on your
Christmas list, I hereby make your task considerably easier by providing you
with this year's wish list:

1) Fake Rolex watch. Don't bother with the real thing - I wouldn't
appreciate it anyway.

2) Gold neck chain, with or without a ruby studded crossed flag emblem
hanging from it.

3) Brown tassled loafers. Size 11. Gucci knockoffs will suffice.

4) Gift certificate for chest hair implants plus the name of a good tailor
who can remove the top button from all my shirts.

5) Nice pearl handled stick to beat off all the big haired, middle aged,
gold digging divorcees, who I've been led to believe will be kicking down my
door.

6) Anything else tacky that you can think of!

Shamefully yours,

Doug Kelm