[DeTomaso] It's Going to be a Silverstate Christmas

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 09:33:47 EST 2007

The Silverstate is still six months away, but Christmas is a great way to start to line up everything I'll need for my 165mph run through the desert. So, I'm putting together a Christmas wish-list for my family and need some advice.

The engine and ZF are almost done (more about that later) and I've already made my reservations at the Hotel Nevada. What else do I need....and where should I go to get it? I know I need some won't-burn-underwear, but Summit has a wide range of fire-retardant suits in one-piece/two-piece (sounds like women's bathing suits??) driving suits in a variety of layers and colors and grades and with matching shoes(do the shoes really have to match??). I plan to do this more than once, but I never expect to become a mad-dawg-fanatic. My Bell helmet is good for another 8 years, so that's covered.

Any recommendations on suits, shoes, skivvies, harness, Hans, ???

I got off the fashion-train a long time ago (my kids would assure you I was never on it, and I've NEVER bought anything with matching shoes!), but I don't want to embarrass Team Pantera and show up in tattered threads. On the other hand, I want to save my limited $$ for things that make a Pantera go fast rather than try to make my butt look smaller. I would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.