[DeTomaso] Brake Upgrades & Pads for Stock Brakes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 02:23:07 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/26/07 6:26:48 PM, tonydigi at optonline.net writes:

> I haven't yet come across many stories of ruptured brake lines among the
> Pantera crowd (like I have with VW Bug owners,) but our Pantera brake lines are
> approx 35 years old and not
> stainless.  Ruptures usually occur where brake lines sit covered with
> grime/dirt.  I think perhaps our particular success is because the physical
> locations that can result in in this are either dry or oily.

Consider the Pantera's front brake line connecting the right front to the
left front. It runs directly behind the acid-spewing battery, protected only by a
piece of unshrunken shrink-tubing. Dropping the battery into the trunk floor,
then replacing and re-routing the OEM line was one of my first mods 'cause
the scabby appearance of that line scared me! FWIW- J Deryke