[DeTomaso] Earliest Outside Gas Filler ?

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Tue Nov 27 01:12:17 EST 2007

Dear John, Jim, Chuck, Mike, Asa Jay, et al;

First of all, thanks for the kind words.

I'm coming up to the one-year anniversary of buying my Pantera, and I recently began writing a detailed "Pantera Story" which chronicles my journey from discovering them as a kid to buying one to gradually fixing it up.

Included will be as many pictures and detailed descriptions as possible of everything I've done to it.  Most of the work came from ideas I got from this very forum or the other members of Pantera Northwest, but there are a few I came up with myself, including the aforementioned side-fill gas inlet, power locks, a stock ashtray that opens to reveal an ipod dock, as well as a few others.

My goal is to send the whole thing, pictures and all, to the folks who put out that fantastic Pantera magazine I regularly receive, and let them decide if any of the information and/or pictures are of enough value to include for others to see.  (Plus, I just had Doug Braun's son take some really cool pictures of my car with some fancy camera equipment, and I must confess when I see the finished product, if it's as good as I think it will be, I have a secret wish that I'll see my car as one of those beautiful centerfolds!)

Unfortunately, midway through the Pantera Story project, my home computer was hit with a virus so all my work is in the hard drive siting in a dead computer at the shop.  I hope to have it back soon, memory intact.  If so, I should have the project completed by the end of December.  If I've lost everything, well, I guess I'll just do the same thing I do when in the middle of a Pantera project something goes wrong and all my work disintegrates--I'll start over!

Sincerely,

Chris