[DeTomaso] If it's broke, don't fix it...

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Nov 25 14:48:57 EST 2007

As far as the back interior; I know many have said a lighter color makes the cabin seem larger, but lighter colors also show dirt more easily, and besides, I've always loved black leather interiors.   I already have the headliner, sun visors and bulkhead done and I really love the look.  Right now the dash and door panels are in really good shape, so they match the rest of the interior even though they aren't leather (yet).  The seats are Recarro and have multi-colored orange cloth panels running down their centers, which I'd like to replace with green, to match the outside color of the car.

The cable that doesn't work on the heater is just the one that attaches to the level that changes the air flow from floor to defrost, but that seems to duplicate one of the other three levers which changes the flow from defrost to car (which works fine).  I can reach into the engine compartment to flip the shut off valves pretty easily now, so fixing the heater valve in the cab is probably the way to go for me.

Thanks again for all your help.  I hope I get a chance to meet you in person sometime soon!

Sincerely,

Chris
3846