[DeTomaso] Modena 2009?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 03:01:19 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/24/07 12:25:36 PM, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> I agree that it is way too early to even guess at a price, but historically
> these meetings have been very reasonable.

I asked about the cost, as well as what might be featured in a week's stay,
and Mats GUESSED at maybe $250 each- to include hotels but NOT including the
considerable round trip airfare. Depending on how many sign up, there are
racetracks the club could rent as in '96 when many of us were given rides around the
nearby F-1 track, for instance, the Vallelunga circuit some miles away
recently was recertified for world class events, plus they are planning a parade
thru downtown Modena with poiice escorts, the DeTomasos still own the Canal
Grande Hotel, there are other gourmet opportunities in the area besides, some other
factories are open to visitors and so on.
Whats different this time is, Mats is NOT president of the Swedish Club any
more, after 26 years in that position. But he's been asked to do some
testing-of-the-waters, relative to a 2009 event in the old international tradition, by
the new administration. With over a year to plan out the details, all they
want right now is a show of hands.... Thanks- J DeRyke