[DeTomaso] Need a source for MSD Dist Cam Sync Plug - no longer in production

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 13:11:40 EST 2007

Thanks Thomas and to everyone who responded. ;-]>

  Dawg

Thomas Tornblom <Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se> wrote:
  Mad Dog Antenucci skrev:
> MSD in its infinate wisdom stopped making the 351C Distributor Cam Sync Plug (PN 8521) so if you know of a vendor/supply house or shop who might have one or more in stock let me know off line. The EFI requires a cam sync signal for the firing order of each coil so oil pump is driven, distributor hole is sealed and ignition becomes a sync signal or something like that. Dick Drenske tells me we can modifiy an old distributor to make it work or use/mod the plug for the 351W and just make sure gear lines up with cam while engine is still disassembled.

You can use a CAMP sensor from a 3.8L Ford V6 if you use a 351C gear and
machine an adapter to make it fit the block.

Here's the thread from May when Don Franck needed this:

http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2007-May/085172.html

> md
>

> Mad Dawg Antenucci
> Team Pantera Racing
> The 1st & still the only vintage race team in open road racing
> www.teampanteraracing.com

Thomas

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing